Skip to content
Tips of Taking Flexeril
- Flexeril may be taken with or without food.
- Flexeril should be taken in addition to rest and physical therapy.
- The effective dosage of Flexeril varies between individuals. Take Flexeril exactly as directed by your doctor. Talk with your doctor if you experience any worrying side effects or if Flexeril is not effective.
- Flexeril is usually only given for a maximum of two to three weeks. Your doctor may advise tapering off the dose slowly when it is time to discontinue it.
- Flexeril is likely to make you sleepy or impair your judgment time. This may be beneficial in aiding sleep; however, you should avoid operating machinery, driving, or performing tasks that require mental alertness while taking this medicine.
- Avoid alcohol while taking this medicine. Alcohol may potentiate the side effects of Flexeril.
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking any other medications while you are taking Flexeril. Contact your doctor urgently if you experience any mental status changes (such as agitation, hallucinations, coma, delirium), fast heart rate, dizziness, flushing, muscle tremor or rigidity, and stomach symptoms (including nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea).
- Tell your doctor if you have a heart condition, thyroid disease, liver disease, glaucoma, or a problem with urination before starting treatment.